Please note, do an internet search for these in your area. For example, the Americana paints at Home Depot online are a $1.19 but other places vary!
- I also used for detail and blending: Neo Color Caran d’Ache White + Black, Signo Uniball White Gel Pen, UniPosca Black and White (fine tip).
What bonus color will you choose to reflect your current mood? Or will you stick with the challenge of just choosing this palette? I cannot wait to see! Share what you decided to do along with your work in our group here.
The purposes of these lessons is to learn minimizing dynamic color relationships for your painting. If you you cannot buy these colors (which I suggest if possible) mixing is also an open!
It is totally OK if the colors are not exact, just try and them as close as possible. This still helps immensely!
If you need to mix, these are some suggestions to help:
- To create Titan Pale Green, mix a touch of a basic green with neutral grey and Titan Buff.
- To create Poodle Skirt Pink, mix a magenta-like color and lots of Titanium White.
- To create Naples Yellow, mix a touch of a basic yellow, Titan Buff, and warm it up with a Beige-like color or touch of brown and more Titan Buff.
- To create Deep Midnight Blue, mix a touch of black with a Cerulean Blue Deep or similar color.
- To create a Luminous Rose, mix a Florescent Pink with a Quinacridone Magenta.
- To create Green Gold, use a classic grass green with gold, or a classic grass green, gold, and a touch of yellow.
Which do you prefer? The one with script or without? This reveals to you if you are inherently attracted to adding script or meaning to your work!
——> Be sure to share your work in our group and tag anything on Instagram with #colorclub or #mcc